Tuesday, June 06, 2006

English summer

It's summer, the temperature rises, but not so much as to prevent us from walking, cycling and working. That's one thing that I like about English summers: reasonable temperatures. I play Manu Chao, it's 10 in the evening and there's still twilight on he sky. The days are stretched, my mood is high and I'm broke as always. Who cares? (My bank, obviously!!!) I play Cesaria Evora and 'Sodad', beautiful, sad music from the Green Cape. I play Buena Vista Social Club from Cuba and remember that I haven't smoked the cigar that a friend got me for my birthday!!

I just came back from a short holiday in Greece (which was quite hectic, but I had the chance to swim in the sea!) and I'm in the middle of a vortex: looking for a job, working hard and possibly moving house soon (i want to beat the Guinness record: 5 moves in 9 months!). Life is hard but good.

It's just that I don't feel like writing much at the moment. Or better, spend as much time on the internet as I did before. It must be because of the birds that sing and the blue sky and the flowers, because I want to be out, walk and suck the countryside like a bee collects pollen (by the way my hay fever has struck me with all its might, I hate it!).

There are times that our horizons open outwards, whereas our thoughts concentrate on the within. We prefer to experience rather than gather our thoughts. But isn't this what exactly I am doing now? How shall I put it?

I don't know.I rather prefer play 'El cuadro de Tula' by Buena Vista Social Club. And get on with this bloody application form for yet another vacancy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Merry said...

Oh Nathalie, you have my best wishes and sympathy for the job hunting. There's a job going at Aberdeen University you know - we could flatshare? Good luck!

11 June, 2006  
Blogger Bad Wolf said...

Hellooo!Thank you for your wishes!It was nice to hear from you!

I just realised that you have a new blog,i was checking your old one and the last post was about getting the job in Aberdeen!I'm gonna read all the posts to get up to date!

Aberdeen is a little far for me-and a bit grey,as far as i remember...I hope you're enjoying it and your job though!Take care!

12 June, 2006  
Blogger Juanita La Quejica said...

Στο cuarto της Τούλας ξέρεις τί έγινε ε; Αποκοιμήθηκε χωρίς να σβήσει το κερί και έπιασε φωτιά το δωμάτιο. Οπότε άρχισαν να φωνάζουν τους πυροσβέστες κλπ κλπ.
Καλή Επιτυχία σε ό,τι κάνεις!

03 July, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

22 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home