Saturday, April 08, 2006

God-given days




Green rolling hills with grass sparkling under the sunshine. Intermissions of small villages, built with stone or bricks, topped with thatched roofs, embellished with harmonious gardens. Pheasants pausing on the lawn, surprised to see me pass them. Trees swaying in the wind, birds gossiping full of joy for the glorious day.

I was a girl on a mission on Thursday, as I drove through the Warwickshire countryside: I delivered posters and flyers for our Easter activities. It was a change from the office work and an opportunity for me to visit places I hadn’t been to before. As I don’t have a car here, I rely on buses and so some areas are inaccessible to me…


But on that day I was a herald of Charlecote Park, spreading
the word around, meeting people and indulging in the pleasures of spring and the English country. It’s nice to bring good news, people smile at you and are nice. And why shouldn’t they be? They walked their dogs, tended their gardens, managed their shops in a lovely environment. A small paradise, undisturbed, old, balanced, that was the picture Warwickshire offered me last Thursday. And I am grateful, because the last days have been tough, too much disappointment and insecurity kind of darkened my thought. It wasn’t a completely easy task though, since I hadn’t had my lunch before I left, so after one hour I grew terribly hungry! But hunger could not and did not spoil my day and my drive through fields, villages and small towns.

I was then compensated for the distress and frustration I had gone through. I even felt that somebody winked at me, I sensed an ironic, but paternal smile at my miserable mood. I was laughable indeed; but instead of laughter I received something more generous and less critical. And English countryside was the perfect means at the perfect time. God bless her!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i came
and i saw
and behold!
no pale horse whatsoever; actually nothing horseshaped as such... which is a bit of a shame really, but ey, i'll get over it. but you should get some grip on your reckless use of colour, you really should.

14 April, 2006  
Blogger Bad Wolf said...

it was an honour to have you (or should i say me?)at my blog.

i will try to deny colour and its evil influence.thank you for alerting me on this matter.

but what's this gibberish about horses?speak clear please!(may it be a reference to the painting with the horse??)

14 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a painting of a horse? where? i haven't seen one...
it's a reference to the book, my lost child. revelation 6:7,8.
"and the fourth voice said: come! and i looked, and behold a pale horse and his name that sat on him was death, and hades followed with him. and power was given onto them over the fourth part of the world, to kill with sword and with hunger and with disease and with the wild beasts of the earth."
please don't ask why i came up with it in the first place. it some kind of struck me when you said: come and see.

14 April, 2006  
Blogger peftasteri said...

In addition to your pale horse,
I do believe that the idea of Bad wolf-three little pigs cartoon is unique and funny and I really want to enjoy more scetches

18 April, 2006  
Blogger Bad Wolf said...

And you shall,Peftasteri,you shall enjoy more pictures and cartoons!!!(Although i shouldn't make promises i can't easily keep,and i have made a few to you!!will try my best,dearest!)

19 April, 2006  
Blogger peftasteri said...

αυτό το dearest με πέθανε (!)
:-)

19 April, 2006  
Blogger Bad Wolf said...

Mr Darcy confesses his love to Elizabeth Bennett in 'Pride and Prejudice'.He explains that he has been spoilt by his parents, but thanks to Lizzy he was taught a lesson and became a better person.And here's his words:

'Unfortunately an only son (for many years an only child), I was spoilt by my parents, who, though good themselves (my father, particularly, all that was benevolent and amiable), allowed, encouraged, almost taught me to be selfish and overbearing; to care for none beyond my own family circle; to think meanly of all the rest of the world; to wish at least to think meanly of their sense and worth compared with my own. Such I was, from eight to eight and twenty; and such I might still have been but for you, dearest, loveliest Elizabeth!'

I shall get 'Pride and Prejudice' for you on dvd,I shall!!!

19 April, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

22 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home